RMIT Racing's 2010 Car, R10, represents a clean-sheet design, combining innovative design with invaluable knowledge accumulated from successful RMIT Racing vehicles of previous years. R10 is a cleverly designed, well engineered, and extremely well manufactured racing vehicle.
R10 is the debut of a new chassis concept featuring a Yamaha Phazer Genesis 80FI 499cc Four Stroke Liquid Cooled Twin Cylinder engine, and the combination of a carbon composite monocoque and a rear chromoly spaceframe and carbon composite bulkhead designed to increase access to the engine bay.
This engine concept is an evolution of the well proven RMIT lightweight concept, which has brought the team elevated levels of success over the past few years. The Genesis 80FI is similar in weight to the previous WR450, but provides greater response, power and torque.
Looking forward into 2011, the team will again focus on design evolution, whilst continuing to target fuel efficiency, elegant design, local weight reduction and reliability. With an extended testing period planned in 2011, as well as use of state-of-the-art CAE (Computer-Aided Engineering), CAD (Computer-Aided Design) and CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), RMIT Racing is hard at work producing a 2011 challenger which is competitive, reliable and efficient for the 2011 FSAE-A event.
RMIT Racing believes this is the formula to continue the team's run of success, which has seen the team claim Australian, USA, and European Titles in the past years. We will accept nothing less than this level of achievement this year and in the coming years, in order to achieve RMIT Racing's goals and objectives, as well as those of our sponsors, technical partners, and supporters.
RMIT Racing R10 Chassis Specifications:
Engine: Yamaha Phazer Genesis 80FI
- 499cc Twin Cylinder, with custom designed MoTeC electronic fuel injection
- RMIT Racing Custom Sequential Gearbox, Ducati 6 Speed Internals
- RMIT Racing developed quick-shift system
- Steering wheel mounted hydraulic clutch
- RMIT Racing developed exhaust system
- 5 Valve, 12.4:1 Compression Ratio
- Sequential injection system
- Dry Sump
Chassis: Carbon Composite Monocoque Single Seater
- Prepreg Laminate
- 1/2" Aluminium honeycomb core
- Chromoly Rear Section Spaceframe
- Carbon Composite Rear Bulkhead
Data Acquisition System
- MoTeC M400 ECU, MoTeC ADL2 Dash Logger
Suspension: Carbon Fibre A-Arm Tube, Front Pullrods, Rear Pushrods
- Custom designed Carbon Fibre Tube
- Front dual-shock system
- Turnbuckle adjustment
- RMIT Racing developed Carbon Fibre 10" Wheels with aluminium centres
- Rear Wheel Drive
- RMIT Racing Custom Housing, KAAZ LSD internals
- External LSD Preload Adjustment
Copyright © 2011 RMIT Racing - All Rights Reserved